- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- zest from 1 lemon
- royal icing
- Combine lemon zest and sugars. Add butter. Add egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients.
- Shape dough into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Roll dough to about 1/4 inch thick on a heavily floured surface. Cut shapes and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375*. Cook 8-9 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool, then decorate with royal icing.
- I cut the original recipe in half.
- I added lemon zest to these, but KC thinks they might have been better without the lemon, as it added a really strong flavor.
source: Brown Eyed Baker